Ep 8: Liz Parrish, Life Extension & Reversing the Aging Process
In this episode, Micah Redding talks to Liz Parrish, the first human to be given gene therapy to reverse aging. Micah & Liz discuss risk-taking, the potential issues with life extension, and what happens if this treatment becomes available to the world.
- The Transhuman Visions conference where Micah and Liz met
- Childhood illnesses and how Liz got into this pursuit
- How genetic therapy works, how they deliver the treatment (AAV), and her specific treatments for Myostatins and Telomeres
- How a lot of specific diseases may simply be symptoms of aging
- What happens if something goes horribly, horribly wrong
- Risk-taking, and why it's better not knowing how you're going to die
- The normal way to die is before the age of 35, with an infectious disease. But we no longer die normally.
- 85% of individual's lifetime healthcare is now spent on their final diagnosis
- Will this be available only for the ultra-wealthy?
- Elysium, vampires, and Isaiah 65
- What 1960s supercomputers and iPhones tell us about gene therapy
- Economies are built on lifespan
- Religious people are the original immortalists
- How the pursuit of science is similar to a religious drive
- Other things BioViva is working on
- Liz Parrish's AMA
- Other articles 1 2 about Liz Parrish
- (Read more detailed notes in your browser)
The Christian Transhumanist Podcast
Micah Redding & Amy Gaskin