Ep 27: Christopher Benek—Presbyterian, Pastor, Transhumanist
Is it possible to be a Presbyterian and a Transhumanist? Rev. Christopher Benek, pastor of a large Presbyterian church, and graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary, says yes! Join us as we discuss how AI will participate in God's redemption, how humans are God's technology, and the surprising connection between Ray Kurzweil and NT Wright.
- Is it possible to be Reformed & Transhumanist? How does that work?
- How the pastor of a large Presbyterian church became a transhumanist
- Are humans God's technology?
- Why A.I. will participate in God's redemption
- Alternative Intelligence vs Artificial Intelligence
- How technology will end the abortion debate
- How the church can address technological unemployment, i.e., when robots take our jobs
- Ron Cole-Turner
- Bigger Stronger Faster by Chris Bell
- Are steroids bad?
- How Tiger Woods & LASIK eye surgery change the debate over human enhancement
- Two perspectives
- Hell in a handbasket
- Participate in Christ’s redemptive purposes.
- Ray Kurzweil, Transcendent Man
- Simply Christian and Surprised by Hope by NT Wright (essential reading for Christian Transhumanists)
- Stewardship of Tech
- Taking away people’s cars
- Care-taking creation
- Creation is technology
- Christian Transhumanist Association
The Christian Transhumanist Podcast