Ep 14: Paul Wallace & The Stars Beneath Us
Paul Wallace is a professor of physics and astronomy, a minister, and the author of the upcoming book: "Stars Beneath Us: Finding God in the Evolving Cosmos". In this episode, we talk about the exhilaration and vertigo of living in expanding cosmos, and how this both humbles us, and helps us rise to the challenge of suffering.
- Paul's book: Stars Beneath Us: Finding God in the Evolving Cosmos and website
- Paul's story: Growing up baptist, becoming atheist, finding way back to faith...and doubt!
- Micah was a teenage existentialist
- What Job and science fiction have in common
- How "zooming out" (with science, imagination, the future) helps us deal with suffering
- How atheists help us get rid of idols
- God is incarnational and not conceptual
- Science Mike on the value of prayer — even if you don't believe
- The three proven methods of neuro-enhancement: diet, exercise, prayer or meditation
- Why believing in God is essential to addiction recovery
- Self-deception cuts both ways
- Inescapably a theist
- The controversial idea of a direction of evolution
- What is the future of humanity?
- Good will win
- How MLK's apocalypse helps us loosen our grip
- Job found himself within the cosmos that God loved
- The Bible is Shakespeare, not Aesop's Fables
The Christian Transhumanist Podcast
Micah Redding & Amy Gaskin